What is a cookie?
Cookies are files containing small amounts of information downloaded to the user´s device and used when visiting a FYCMA website. The main purpose of cookies is to recognise the user (through identifiers that never recognise physical entities) each time he/she accesses the website, while enabling us to improve the quality and usability of our websites. Cookies are essential for the Internet to function; they cannot damage the user´s equipment/device and will help you to identify and deal with possible operational errors if they are activated in your browser´s settings.
Types of Cookies
There are different types of cookies. All work in the same way, but there are small differences between them:
- Session cookies. Session cookies only last for the duration of the visit and are deleted when the user closes the browser. Their main purpose is to identify the type of device and to support the website security and its basic functions. They contain no personal information that might identify a person.
- Persistent or Permanent Cookies. These cookies are stored on the device´s hard disk and the website reads them each time the new revisits the site; they possess a specific expiration date whereupon the cookie ceases to work. They enable us to identify the user´s activity and preferences, to analyse visits and help us to understand how visitors arrive at the website and to improve the services provided by the same.
- Functional Cookies. These cookies remember decisions made by the user, such as log-ins and identifiers. The information on these cookies is anonymous (in other words, there is no name, address or any other personal data).
- Third-party Cookies. Third-party cookies are cookies installed on a website other than the one the user is visiting; for example, those used by social networks (such as Facebook) and external content supplements (such as Google Maps).
- Analytical Cookies. The purpose of these cookies is to provide regular maintenance and to guarantee users a better operation and service by gathering data from their activity.
On accessing any of the websites controlled by FYCMA, users specifically accept that we may use this type of cookie on their devices. However, if you deactivate cookies it will not affect your browsing on our websites.
Our websites use own and session JSESSIONID and ROUTEID cookies as a means of recognising the user and providing a better service.
Google Analytics Cookies
Our websites use the Google Analytics service provided by Google, Inc., an entity headquartered at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View (California), CA 94043, United States of America ("Google").
Google Analytics cookies generate an anonymous user ID, used to count how many times the user visits our website. It also registers the first and most recent time the user visited the site, the length of the session and the origin of the user.
Google will use this information on behalf of FYCMA with the aim of obtaining reports on the website activity. Google may disclose such information to third parties when this is required pursuant to the law, or when such third parties process the information on behalf of Google. Google will not associate the user´s IP address with any other data Google possesses.
The User´s settings to avoid Cookies
The following information will help users to configure their Internet browser or browsers in order to ensure their privacy and security in relation to cookies. As such, we have provided the information and links to the main browsers´ official support sites. This assistance will enable users to block cookies using the browser´s settings, or to receive an alert when a server wants to store a cookie.
- Internet Explorer™ :
- Chrome™ https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es&hlrm=en
- Opera™ :
- Windows Phone